To add wonderful flavour to your recipes that use hummus or refried beans, or add it to pizza or burgers, here is a vegan, nut-free pesto recipe that tastes fabulous.
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or use the oil that the sun dried tomatoes are packed in)
- 2 tsps crushed garlic
- 1 small bunch ( handful) of fresh basil
- 1 small bunch ( handful) of fresh parsley
- himalayan sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
In a food processor, mix together sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, parsley, basil, and garlic. Blend until finely chopped.
Place leftovers in a tightly sealed jar and top with additional oil to keep fresh. Refrigerate.